Mater Misericordiae Hospital
Job Advertisement: Family and Marital Psychological Counselor
The Mater Hospital is seeking to fill the above position. Reporting to the Head of Counseling.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following responsibilities amongst others:
- Counseling in/out patients on all psycho-social problems such as depression, terminal illnesses, and domestic violence to enable them deal with personal and work challenges
- Provide pre and post HIV counseling to clients
- Counsel staff on how to cope with personal problems and work, how to improve on performance and attitude and the ability to find the resources within themselves to be able to improve and deal with challenges at work and in life
- Teach natural family planning methods to clients and students in the hospital.
- Coordinate counseling services within the hospital to meet both client and hospital needs
- Coordinate with Head of Counseling and HR & Talent Development for preparation and counseling of new staff members for medical examination as need arises
- Provides education and information on psychological issues to clients and their families.
- Properly manage consumables and assets within the section to maximize efficiency and cost control
- Provide psychological and emotional support to hospital clients who are in need of counseling services
- Evaluate and resolve relationship problems
- Diagnose and treat psychological disorders within a family context
- Guide clients through transitional crises such as separation / divorce or death
- Highlight problematic relational or behavioral patterns in the family
- Help replace dysfunctional behaviors with healthy alternatives
- Take a holistic (mind-body) approach to wellness (as opposed to an “illness”).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Psychological Counseling or Related Course.
- Over 3 year’s family and marital counseling experience in a similar capacity.
- Ability to empathize with patients
- Non-judgmental attitude
- Ability to build rapport and trust
- Excellent observation and listening skills..
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the requirements listed, please send your Application letter and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th November 2019.
Indicate on the subject line of the email the position you are applying for.
Mater Misericordiae Hospital does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
Mater is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates who do not meet the above qualifications need not apply.