Our client, The Monarch Insurance Company Limited is a leader in the insurance sector with over 30 years’ experience in insurance service providing tailored products in both general and life insurance.
They are looking for a dynamic, innovative and result-orientated individual to fill in the following position in Thika Branch
Deputy Branch Manager
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Deputy Branch Manager will be responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full-service branch office, including operations and growth of the branch in accordance with the Company’s objectives.
- Maintaining communication with agents, brokers, and other stakeholders to obtain further market information, quote rates, or explain company’s underwriting policies
- Researching on any new issues or regulations to ensure that the branch is in line with current marketing developments and best practices
- Conducting business follow ups for existing clients and making decisions on renewal terms to apply based on past performance
- Identifying new marketing Initiatives through designing marketing and sales strategies
- Performing marketing and public relations activities to create business awareness
- Managing branch resources and equipment to minimize operational costs and overseeing branch activities in accordance with the company policy
- Preparing and sending reports to the main branch and giving updates of the business status
- Determining and developing the annual budget for the daily expenses of the branch
- Analyzing documents for the different classes of insurance to determine the degree of risk considering the underwriting factors for each particular class
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or any business-related course
- At least 5 years’ experience in the insurance sector
- ACII (Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute of London) qualifications
- Technical competence in underwriting insurance, risks and claims handling
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistics and statistical data
- Knowledge of company products and country laws
- Knowledge of insurance laws and regulations by AKI, IRA RBA, KRA
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “DEPUTY BRANCH MANAGER” by Friday, 6th December 2019 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.