Nation Media Group
Job Vacancy: Studio & Systems Engineer
Job Ref: HR-SSE-11-2019
The Studio Systems Engineer will have the responsibility of ensuring quality generation, transmission and reception of Nation Media Group’s radio and television brands.
The successful candidate will report to the Technical Manager for Nation Broadcasting Division.
Overall Purpose: Maintenance of specialized audio visual equipment, broadcast servers & software, satellite systems, microwave systems, power and air condition systems that support content generation, processing, aggregation, distribution and transmission.
These include but are not limited to: . Ensuring all broadcasting and transmission equipment are operational at all times;
- Carrying out design and implementation of new systems to improve broadcasting and transmission quality;
- Setting up and maintaining studio & link systems required for all outside broadcast and news gathering operations;
- Installing, configuring and testing new broadcast equipment, systems & facilities;
- Minimizing risk of service loss at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision;
- Offering operational support to all broadcast systems users across the entire business;
- Ensuring that the broadcasting division keeps a breast with changing technology and has the most appropriate technology applied at all times;
- Diagnosis of faulty equipment and repair or make appropriate recommendations;
- Planning maintenanœ schedules for all the equipment and ensuring its implementation;
- Identifying required spares and seeki ng their approval for purchase;
- Performing routine checks to ensure all equipment, hardware and software systems employed are fit for purpose.
Qualificatons, Experience and Skills
- University graduate in electrical and electronics engineering, telecommunications, information systems, broadcast engineering or related field;
- Over 3 years’ experience, relevant experience in media, ISP or Telco will be an added advantage;
- Proven knowledge of IP networking. Professional networking qualification will be an added advantage;
- Good knowledge of transmission systems & mediums – satellite links, microwave links, OFC links,
- Good knowledge of Audio and Video Delivery over IP, encoding & decoding systems for both Legacy TV / Radio, Web and social;
- Good knowledge of DVBT2 systems, Head-end systems and CAS;
- Proficiency in server & systems administration (Windows server, Linux, Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS) is essential, professional qualifications here will also be an added advantage;
- Good working Knowledge of Video Media Asset Management systems and file metadata management;
- Working knowledge of Industry standard NRCS;
- Good working and administration knowledge of post prod, editing and graphics systems;
- Knowledgeable in best practices for broadcast communications specifically radio, television and online;
- Basic Electrical power and Aircon systems knowledge;
- Must have excellent analytical skills;
- Ability and readiness to work long odd hours;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Ability to administer SQL server & basic Web development will be a big advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, apply online at http://www.nationmedia.com/careers/ or through Linked In on or before 28th November, 2019.
We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.