About National Bank: The National Bank of Kenya is a subsidiary of KCB, and is one of the largest Banks in the country offering financial services to all sectors of the economy. It is a major player in Kenya’s Banking industry with over 1,400 staff and a growing network of 80 Branch outlets across the country, 130 ATMs, electronic channels of Mobile and Internet Banking. National Bank also operates two subsidiary Companies; NatBank Trustee & Investment Services Limited and National Bank Insurance Agency Ltd.
Why Work with Us: At National Bank of Kenya, you will find an employee and customer-centric culture built around Courage, Honest, Innovation and Collaboration. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to learning and development opportunities and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
To help support the Bank’s digital strategy, accelerate business growth and enhance customer experience, we are seeking to recruit a responsible person who can administer; maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures that ensures security and integrity of the Bank’s Oracle databases to fill the position of Database Administrator.
Position Title: Database Administrator
Job Ref No. HR/038/2019
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for administering; maintaining, developing and implementing policies and procedures that ensures security and integrity of the Bank’s Oracle databases.
- Create and maintain databases required for development, testing and production usage.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases
- Administration of Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Oracle Exadata/DataGuard and SQL Administration
- Maintain database security, integrity and computing resources to comply with Bank standards.
- Administer all database projects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages & procedures
- Monitoring the performance of the database system and implementing or recommending the required changes to increase the performance and maximum uptime.
- Plan and implement backup and recovery of Bank’s Oracle and SQL databases.
- Storage administration for V7000, DS4700 and Oracle Exadata Storage Cells
- Provide reliable backup services and conduct routine hardware and software audits of AIX servers to ensure compliance to established standards, policies, configuration guidelines, and procedures.
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation in line with Bank policy
- Manage and configure VIO client partitions, devices, V7000 & DS4700 storage.
- Automate tasks involving creation of scripts to run backups and monitor databases.
- Offer 24/7 databases support; provide rapid resolutions to database downtime and escalate issues to line manager & vendor as appropriate
- Demonstrable knowledge on OBIEE & other BI tools.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar role
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle, backups and recovery scenarios.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Exadata, & DataGuard Administration.
- Oracle Certified Expert/Oracle Certified Master will be an added advantage
- Proven experience on data warehouse management & ETL processes.
- Good communication skills ( oral & written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
For full details about this position and how to apply, kindly log onto the e-recruitment platform via:
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered.
To be considered, submit your application by 20th November 2019.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ICT and Technology
|Company / Organization||
National Bank of Kenya
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
About National Bank: The National Bank of Kenya is a subsidiary of KCB, and is one of the largest Banks in the country offering financial services to all sectors of the economy. It is a major player in Kenya’s Banking industry with over 1,400 staff and a growing network of 80 Branch outlets across the country, 130 ATMs, electronic channels of Mobile and Internet Banking. National Bank also operates two subsidiary Companies; NatBank Trustee & Investment Services Limited and National Bank Insurance Agency Ltd.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.