About National Bank: The National Bank of Kenya is a subsidiary of KCB, and is one of the largest Banks in the country offering financial services to all sectors of the economy. It is a major player in Kenya’s Banking industry with over 1,400 staff and a growing network of 80 Branch outlets across the country, 130 ATMs, electronic channels of Mobile and Internet Banking. National Bank also operates two subsidiary Companies; NatBank Trustee & Investment Services Limited and National Bank Insurance Agency Ltd.
Why Work with Us: At National Bank of Kenya, you will find an employee and customer-centric culture built around Courage, Honest, Innovation and Collaboration. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to learning and development opportunities and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
To help support the Bank’s digital strategy, accelerate business growth and enhance customer experience, we are seeking to recruit a responsible person who can offer front line support for the Bank’s network Infrastructure including the Telephony system to fill the position of Network Engineer.
Position Title: Network Engineer
Job Ref No. HR/040/2019
Position Scope: The role holder will be responsible for offering front line support for the Bank’s network Infrastructure including the Telephony system. The role will include research, testing and support of the Bank’s network system in line with best practice and the Bank’s ICT guidelines.
- Research and contribute to Innovation within the department to ensure resource efficient means of operation.
- Perform first level support for all network incidences, maintenance and related issues in the Bank.
- Resolve all Network problems logged promptly and appropriately to ensure exceptional customer experience.
- Schedule and execute preventive maintenance of the Network Infrastructure in the Bank in line with the Bank’s ICT guidelines and related compliance requirements.
- Ensure Network documentation and maintenance of the same within the Bank’s ICT guidelines and related compliance requirements.
- Manage Configuration of all Network equipment in the Bank including backup configuration and application of Standardized configuration templates to the Network equipment.
- Ensure validity of the Bank’s Network licenses and initiate acquisition of the same where required before expiry.
- Evaluate the Bank’s equipment requirements for supply, implementation and development of new or existing services and systems.
- Facilitate the development of detailed plans to ensure effective scheduling of ICT Change during Technology projects in the Bank within expected time and cost frames
- Ensure SLA adherence, monitoring &breaches reporting standards are upheld in line with the ICT guidelines.
- Ensure the highest level of network system availability and performance is achieved through monitoring and proactive initiatives.
- Regular monitoring of all outstanding faults and liaison with services providers regarding the faults and provide periodic reports on network and bandwidth utilization.
- Take part in BCP/ DRP process and documentation reviews as recommended by ICT guidelines, ICT Risk guidelines and best practice.
- Carry out periodic network self-assessments on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls and highlight emerging issues and follow through for closure.
Skills & Experience:
- University Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field
- Cisco Certification CCNA (Route & Switch), CCNA Security, CCNP (Route & Switch).
- Knowledge of Firewalls (Check Point & Cisco ASA)
- Knowledge of network configuration and troubleshooting will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of network types i.e. LAN, WAN will be preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar role.
- Moderate to advanced skills in computing
- Adaptability and teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Innovative and Creative
- Proven excellent planning, organization and execution skills.
- Ability to drive change
- Working with others
- Active listening, Good Personal Organisation
- Good knowledge of Banking laws and regulations
- Speed of execution
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
For full details about this position and how to apply, kindly log onto the e-recruitment platform via:
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered.
To be considered, submit your application by 20th November 2019.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ICT and Technology
|Company / Organization||
National Bank of Kenya
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
About National Bank: The National Bank of Kenya is a subsidiary of KCB, and is one of the largest Banks in the country offering financial services to all sectors of the economy. It is a major player in Kenya’s Banking industry with over 1,400 staff and a growing network of 80 Branch outlets across the country, 130 ATMs, electronic channels of Mobile and Internet Banking. National Bank also operates two subsidiary Companies; NatBank Trustee & Investment Services Limited and National Bank Insurance Agency Ltd.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.