Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking & Private Banking
About National Bank: The National Bank of Kenya is one of the largest Banks in the country offering financial services to all sectors of the economy. It is a major player in Kenya’s Banking industry with over 1,400 staff and a growing network of 80 Branch outlets across the country, 130 ATMs, electronic channels of Mobile and Internet Banking. National Bank also operates two subsidiary Companies; NatBank Trustee & Investment Services Limited and National Bank Insurance Agency Ltd.
Why Work with Us
At National Bank of Kenya, you will find an employee and customer-centric culture built around Courage, Honest, Innovation and Collaboration. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to learning and development opportunities and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
To help support the Bank’s digital strategy, accelerate business growth and enhance customer experience, we are seeking to recruit a self-motivated, strategic, data driven and an innovative individual with exceptional leadership skills to fill the position of Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking & Private Banking.
Position Title: Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking & Private Banking
Job Ref No. HR/039/2019
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and managing existing corporate clients, establish, develop and grow new business whilst overseeing their corporate portfolio to ensure enhanced revenue growth and in line with customer value proposition.
- Grow the Bank’s revenues from both new and existing clients by enhancing transactional, trade and foreign exchange volumes., while managing costs to enhance profitability
- Identify potential new business opportunities and consistently generate innovative ideas for implementing new business opportunities to open corporate accounts and grow the liability book.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the clients’ industry and business by analysing their management practices, judgement of various influential decision makers, market conditions affecting the long term viability of the business and industry sector, and effectively use this knowledge to continually cross sell the bank’s products to ensure maximization of the customer wallet share.
- Carry out and document regular client visits
- Work closely with the Head of Corporate Credit, Credit Managers and Analysts to initiate business deal proposals for new facilities or facility modifications that require assessment of credit, and provide insightful information regarding business strength and vulnerabilities.
- Proactively identify potential problem accounts and formulate appropriate mitigating strategies.
- Act as single point of accountability for corporate clients and consistently deliver high quality service to all internal & external customers, while maintaining confidentially of customer information at all times.
- Coach the associate relationship manager/credit analyst in all aspects of the role and ensure the team communication is open and flowing.
- Ensure 100% compliance to KYC and AML policies and account opening procedures.
- Stay updated on the security controls in place to protect the branch against criminal and fraudulent activities and unnecessary risk and exposure.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- 3 -5 years experience in relationship management or related relevant experience
- Banking experience, preferably within Corporate or Commercial Banking.
- Experience in a sales /customer service environment will be an added advantage
- Sound knowledge of banking services, products and solutions including lending, and credit administration.
- Proven success in customer service, relationship management and business development acumen
- Strong negotiation, persuasion & presentation skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written)
- Customer oriented & team player
- Demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
For full details about this position and how to apply, kindly log onto the e-recruitment platform via:
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, submit your application by 15th November 2019.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.