Job Vacancy: Internal Auditor
Our client leading Oil and Gas Multinational, they are looking for an Internal Auditor to support the organisation in ensuring proper implementation and execution of the Audit Plan and monitoring compliance.
The position reports to the Group Head of Internal Audit.
The job is based in Nairobi.
Job Purpose: Execute the Internal Audit Activity, coordinate specific processes to support the implementation and execution of the Audit Plan, monitoring compliance, preparing and presenting audit findings and recommendations, and providing assurance of compliance with statutory requirements, policies and procedures in line with IIA Standards and the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop internal audit programs
- Compile and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Drafting well written and engagement focused deliverables
- Develop and maintain Internal Audit policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain strategic and operational risk-based audit plans
- Prepare engagement work program i.e. scope, objective of audits
- Obtain detailed understanding of company’s operations, environment including internal controls surrounding business processes and develop/update audit program for audit execution.
- Ensure that audit objectives are met and completeness of scope of work is ensured
- Performance of field work and reporting to the manager about progress of audit
- Prepare and review working papers
- Analyze and evaluate potential findings and plan further procedures
- Draft findings to ensure that these are written in well manner containing background, finding, risk and corrective action/recommendation.
- Discuss findings with process owner and obtaining their comments
- Ensure timely completion of fieldwork and reporting
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported issues
- Perform data analytics to identify unusual patterns or trends and investigate remarkable findings
- Utilities audit software and data analytical tools to enhance efficiencies in the audit process.
- Work with management and other members of the auditing team to recommend ways to drive efficiencies and reduce risk
- Additional Responsibilities (if any) : Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by Group Head of Internal Audit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting or equivalent
- Must have professional qualification in CPAK and ICPAK Registered or ACCA
- 3.5 years firm experience in leading internal audit department preferably firm having Oil and gas Managing Companies as its clients.
- Overall 5 year experience in Auditing
- Exposure with the big five audit firms in Kenya is an added advantage
- Ability to positively interface and work well with all levels of staff and management (auditees and own department)
- Possess a high level of understanding of audit theory and strong industry knowledge of OMCs operating in Kenya
- Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills
- Should have good knowledge of accounting, auditing standards and must be able to apply that knowledge
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested applicants should send their detailed CV, indicating their current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5.pm on 2nd December, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
“Our client embraces equal opportunity for all”