One Acre Fund
Job Title: Kenya Internal Audit Lead
Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Job Summary: Seeking an exceptional Auditor with 3+ years of experience in internal audit to increase our efficiency and redirect additional resources in doubling the number of internal audit consulting work in the next 3 – 5 years.
About One Acre Fund: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Primary Responsibilities of the Kenya Internal Audit Lead will include:
- Manage timely execution of the Kenya audit plan while adequately allocating resources across assignments.
- Perform quality reviews for every audit deliverable and provide feedback to the team.
- Communicate and monitor department’s Key Performance Indicator.
- Lead the audit team in following up evidence of implementation of audit findings as per the “audit implementation plan’’ and tracked to ensure audit matters arising are fully resolved.
- Develop annual department budget and monitor through the monthly budget vs. actual reviews.
- Prepare and present quarterly updates for Kenya Country Director and Division Directors.
Secondary Responsibilities of the Kenya Internal Audit Lead will include:
- Management of a team of five internal auditors with at least 2 direct reports. Team management includes:
- Preparation of 2 biannual – Performance Development Review before the Human Resource set deadline;
- Designing & monitoring direct reports Performance Development Plan;
- Designing and monitoring direct reports Promotion Plan;
- Monitor staff annual and sick leave days to ensure they are in compliance with HR Policy.
- Design & implement quarterly (in March, June, September & November) training program for the internal audit team.
- Identify, document & discuss with your direct manager on a quarterly basis the IA process improvement areas.
- Spend 20% of your time executing ad-hoc management request as delegated by your direct manager.
- Provide guidance and direction in the Annual Audit Planning Process using risk analysis techniques and develop draft annual audit plans for discussion with the Regional Internal Audit Lead.
Career Growth and Development: We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an auditor with at least three (3) year(s) of work experience and demonstrates a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 3+ years work experience in internal / external audit with 1 year at team management.
- Upper second class degree in a Business field (with a specialization in Accounting or Auditing).
- Fully qualified accountant – CPA (III) or equivalent and /or holder of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Demonstrate ability to conduct process analysis to achieve effective and efficient end to end business processes.
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments and prioritize effort and resources on high-value, high impact activities to achieve maximum performance and drive continuous organizational improvement.
- Ability to proactively build rapport and work with others (especially all levels of management) more effectively and maintain strong work relationships and networks.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
Language: English required.
Preferred Start Date: January 2020
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job.
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
Application link: https://grnh.se/fcd48a821
Closing date: January 3rd, 2020
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication to firstname.lastname@example.org.