One Acre Fund
Job Title: Kenya Retail Operations Associate
Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Job Summary: Seeking an exceptional retail professional with 5+ years of experience to drive the successful expansion our rural retail model from the pilot stage to a fully scalable operation.
About One Acre Fund: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Job Description: The Retail Operations Associate will play a key role in the establishment and success of this new team at One Acre Fund. By 2030, we aim to transform every farming community in Kenya, and serve more than 1.5 million Kenyan farm families.
In order to achieve this ambitious goal we are planning to expand our pilot rural retail model. This will allow us to provide our farm inputs and services to farm families on a cash-sale basis, rather than requiring the farmer to enroll for a loan.
The Retail Operations Associate will report to the Operations Lead and will help expand the retail operations from the current 10 shops up to 100+ by the end of 2020.
- Develop and implement systems and processes to promote efficient daily retail operations in multiple shops spread across a wide geographical area;
- Develop trainings and management tools for shop staff to deliver excellent customer service, and great professional development for our staff;
- Manage a rapidly growing team across the shops, investing in their professional growth.
- Work with our recruitment team to recruit and build the Retail Operations team in line with the expansion plan;
- Meaningfully contribute to the evolution of this rural retail model from a proven pilot to a fully operational model, operating across Kenya.
Career Growth and Development: We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 5+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 5+ years of experience in Retail Operations;
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Retail Operations, or similar related field
- Experience delivering consistent and scalable retail experiences;
- Experience managing work across multiple sites across a wide geographic area;
- Experience managing the daily operations of a retail business.
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya. Kenyans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application link: https://grnh.se/4bae1fd21
Closing date: January 11, 2020
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org).