Optiven Ltd is the leading Brand in Real Estate Sector in Kenya.
The company’s main objective is to empower property investors and transform the Society.
We are currently looking for committed and dynamic individual to take up the following Internship position.
Position Title: Public Relations & Communications Intern
Reports To: Team Leader – Public Relations, Events & Communications Manager
Position Summary: Your role is to tell the Optiven story to the outside world, shaping the narrative about the organization’s work and helping create a positive public perception to investors and partners.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organizations.
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media.
- Organizing and attending events such as press conferences, open days and visits.
- Providing clients with information about new trends and current PR campaigns progress.
- Working on websites and social media and writing and/or producing presentations, reports, articles, leaflets, journals and brochures for both external and internal distribution.
- Assist in organizing events including press conferences, open days and press tours.
- Writing and editing in-house magazines, supplements/advertorials, case studies, speeches, articles, etc.
- In house/internal communications. i.e. relaying information to staff as directed.
- Assist in managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
- Ensure timely execution and production of key deliverables.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communication or related field.
- Relevant experience in a communications role.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Self- motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision in a busy environment that calls for good planning and organizational skills.
- Intelligent with ability to grasp ICT issues.
- Ability to write, Edit and / or draft articles as required.
- Knowledge of mass media operation and its proper utilization for dissemination of information.
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th November 2019.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title (Public Relations & Communications Intern) as the position they are applying for.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: We do not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment.