Job Vacancy: Housekeeping Room Steward
Unit: Palacina The Residence & The Suites
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
We are a family business based in Nairobi with a background in hospitality and design.
As world travelers and hoteliers, we work with a set of principles which we firmly believe our guests recognize and appreciate.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Housekeeping Room Steward
The incumbent will ensure that guest rooms are serviced as needed in accordance with Palacina policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of housekeeping equipment and ensure they are used only as intended.
- Cleans the room as per the established housekeeping checklist.
- Change bed linens on either “changing day” or as needed. Ensures all linen is fresh clean and in good condition.
- Remake beds and replace furniture to original locale.
- Inspects rooms for any damage as per Palacina guidelines and reports it immediately to the Supervisor.
- Removes, and/or replaces all printed items as needed i.e. room service booklet, signage.
- Dusts the entire room as needed including the dusting or polishing of electrical units and loose furniture as per Palacina guidelines
- Cleans mirrors, chrome, glass, windows, window ledges, and other shinning surfaces as per Palacina guidelines.
- Collects all stray dishware and removes them if not needed as per Palacina guidelines.
- Restocks, resets, or removes any amenities as needed as per Palacina guidelines.
- Collects all trash and removes it from the room as per Palacina guidelines.
- Clean and sanitizes the trash bins as per Palacina guidelines.
- Adhere to hotel grooming, personal hygiene and uniform standard as per Palacina guidelines.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the supervisor and Executive Housekeeper.
- A Certificate in Housekeeping & Laundry or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in the Hospitality industry in a 4 star or 5 Star Hotel.
- 03 verifiable references (non-relatives)
- Be Honest, Trustworthy & Reliable.
- Able to take due care of guest belongings.
- Excellent reading, verbal and written English skills.
- Be open to working flexible shifts and on weekends and holidays.
- Include passport picture, current & expected salary with your CV.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.