Exciting Career Opportunity in the Pharmaceuticals Industry
Position: Therapeutic Leader
Our client, a leading Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Distribution Company in Kenya seeks to enhance its market footprint and support to its clients by hiring a Therapeutic Leader.
The position holder will report to the Marketing Manager.
Job Description and Accountabilities
The role holder will be responsible for;
- Implementation of the target group strategy in line with the marketing strategy, deflection of marketing activation plan including implementation and coordination with designated boards/committees for the brand (product) in Kenya as part of Marketing Department;
- Joint brand responsibility for sales and costs;
- Responsibility for leading and developing the brand and product portfolio as well as marketing for (product) to end consumers and HCPs including the products not actively promoted, phasing of products including coordination of information between relevant stakeholders;
- Project based collaboration with colleagues from other departments or colleagues allocated to projects;
- Responsibility for Marketing budget (planning and controlling) including tracking, compliance with guidelines as well as reporting to Head of Department;
- Participation in product launches and re-launches, implementation of commercial innovations for the defined area of responsibility;
- Responsibility for continuous market monitoring, execution of market, portfolio and competition analyses including recommendations for actions;
- Close, collaborative and solution-oriented teamwork with all stakeholders external stakeholders for defined projects including briefing, controlling and tracking in collaboration with the team leader;
- Proactive, on-time project management including leadership of own projects
- Securing of volume planning and regulation of product availability for (product) in Kenya in collaboration with supply chain and sales;
- Securing of consumer and HCP requests through responsible expert function and/or intern/working student;
- Securing of compliance and implementation of legal requirements of the therapeutic area;
- Securing of correctness of all used materials and its content via approval process according to Standard Operating Procedures;
- Identification of possible violations of competition and vice versa coordination of reactions to allegations of competition with relevant functions;
- Regular updates of Brand Scout and brand image for defined actions and products;
- Responsibility for formulation and coordination of own development plan;
- Notify the pharmacovigilance responsible person without delay of any drug safety issues that comes to their knowledge(as defined in AMG)
- Notify the responsible person for Quality Assurance without delay of any quality issues that comes to their knowledge;
- Perform any other tasks as delegated by the Marketing Manager from time to time.
Person Specifications (Qualifications and Experience)
- A graduate degree holder (or equivalent) in Pharmacy, Medical Science, Biomedical Sciences or any other relevant area;
- A holder of a Degree or an Advanced Degree in business administration / natural science will be an added advantage;
- Excellent command of MS Office Suite and SAP;
- Sound professional experience (approximately 2-3 years) including first level managerial responsibility;
- Expertise in their own field of specialization and good market knowledge of the market and competitors;
- A Flexible, organized, mature, able to work under pressure, rapid and precise person who works well in a team;
- A self-starter who is independent, discreet, neutral, loyal, analytical and convincing;
How to Apply;
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in the rewarding Pharmaceutical Sector, please forward your updated CV in confidence via
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary in your application or CV.
Applications without indication of the above will not be considered.
Kindly DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES AND TESTIMONIALS.
Closing date for applications is Friday 8th November 2019.
Due to expected large volumes and tight timelines, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer