Swimming Instructor & Lifeguard (School)
Location: Buru Buru, Nairobi
Our client, a private education provider that exists to nurture globally competitive students through unique programs and and valuable experiences, is recruiting a Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard to join their school.
Job Purpose: The candidate will oversee day-to-day pool operations.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for aquatics and provide exceptional service to the students and customers.
Will be required to guide swimmers and perform rescue and first aid operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide swimming lessons to students and other customers
- Open the pool each day and close it down each evening, depending on schedule and hours
- Treat the pool with appropriate concentration of chemicals on a regular schedule, test the pH and chlorine level of the water
- Perform first aid procedures when necessary
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the pool facility e.g cleaning the pool, benches, pool deck and proper disposal of trash
- Oversee activities at the facility
- Explain and enforce rules, regulations and policies to ensure safety of patrons and swimmers;
- Monitor designated areas to recognize signs of danger and give recommendations
- Respond to emergencies and rescue swimmers in danger of drowning
- Report incidents and give possible solutions
- Maintain a friendly environment for all pool customers
- Lifeguard Certificate or Diploma from a recognized institution
- First Aid Certification
- Creativity for swimming lessons and a passion for kids is a must.
- Previous experience in participation in KSF (Kenya Swimming Federation) events will be an added advantage
- Experience coaching a swim team is highly desirable
- Minimum of 2 years of lifeguard experience
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 15th November 2019
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.