Assisted Partner Services (APS) PATH Scale-Up Study
Job Title: Qualitative Researcher
The APS PATH Scale-Up Study which is a partnership between the Ministry of Heath – National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP), PATH-Kenya and the University of Washington (UW) is currently seeking a qualified and competent person to fill the following position.
The successful applicant will be responsible for qualitative data collection and analysis within Kisumu and Homa Bay Counties.
S/he must be able to work with minimal supervision and be ready to work long hours when necessary.
She will report to study PI (University of Washington) and site PI (PATH Kenya).
Responsibilities with their tentative timelines include:
- Coding and analysis of baseline integration interviews (Nov-Dec 2019)
- Undertake follow-up integration interviews (Jan-March 2020)
- Conduct acceptability and demand interviews including data collection, coding and analysis (Jan-March 2020)
- Manuscript writing (April-June 2020)
- Preparation of qualitative research reports
- Ensuring study ethics and human subjects protection
- Postgraduate training in social or behavioral sciences
- Prior experience conducting qualitative research within healthcare settings
- Previous experience with HIV partner services is an added advantage
- Well versed with qualitative research software especially Dedoose and Atlas.Ti.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, coordinate, and accomplish qualitative research activities
- Certification in Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practice
- Strong analytical, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with collaborators from PATH-Kenya and UW
- Ability to travel to different study sites in Kisumu and Homa Bay Counties, as well as Nairobi where key aPS stakeholders are located.
Please note that the appointment is a 7-month short-term consultancy (Dec 2019 to June 2020).
Interested individuals who meet the above qualifications should submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than December 2,2019 with the title “Application: aPS-PATH scale-up study qualitative interviewer” on the subject line.
- Application letter
- Up-to-date CV
- Relevant testimonials
This position will be filled when a suitable candidate is found.