Job Title: Retail Property Acquisition Officer
The Position: The Retail Property Acquisition Officer is responsible for identifying and acquiring suitable retail sites across the region. The individual will be required to prepare a preliminary report with a brief market overview for all sites identified.
The focus is on existing sites but as part of the search must also identify new developments which are in the pipeline or under construction.
This position will conduct research and analyze property information by collecting, verifying, and analyzing data regarding inventory of competitive properties, sales and listings, vacancies and offerings, absorption rates, demand studies, social, economic, governmental, and environmental characteristics, restrictions, encumbrances, covenants, contracts, declarations, special assessments, ordinances, cost and depreciation, income/expense and capitalization rate, history of ownership, and use of the property; conducting analyses and studies, e.g., land utilization, supply and demand, economic feasibility, highest and best use, marketability, development, litigation support; searching databases; inspecting property; interviewing people in a position to understand the property.
In collaboration with other team members, the individual will conduct site inspection and other due diligence to ensure that building meets the company’s minimum specifications.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Develop a strategy for entering new markets based on the organizations growth strategy
- Create a heat map for target areas in the region.
- Conduct market analysis of target areas. Prepares appraisal report by describing physical and economic property characteristics, appraisal procedures used, and information analyzed; disclosing extraordinary assumptions, and hypothetical and limiting conditions; presenting supportive reasoning.
- Identify and short list new sites that align with the organizations growth strategy and market positioning.
- Develop index/score card for ranking locations.
- Manage business development pipeline.
- Build a strong network of retail property managers, agents and landlords.
- Present business cases for new locations to management team inclusive of 1-2 year projections.
- Conduct due diligence on prospective location.
- Review and underwriting of terms for lease agreements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- 3-5 years’ experience with a regional organization with a history of proven successful rapidly expanding retail network.
- Degree in real estate development (preferred).
- Good understanding of retail market in East Africa.
- Commercial development or brokerage experience.
- Commercial retail, real estate or development experience.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Project leadership skills.
If the above profile describes you, this could be the big opportunity you have been looking for.
Please send a CV and a cover letter outlining your availability and salary expectations to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before 6th December, 2019.