Job Title: Procurement Officer – SACCO
Required by a Top Tier Deposit Taking Sacco, based in Nairobi
Primary Responsibility: Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Officer will be responsible for ensuring adherence to the established procurement standards, regulations, procedures and that the process is competitive and transparent.
- Provide technical advice on procurement activities to procuring entities within the Sacco
- Plan and manage all procurement and contractual aspects of projects of significant complexity.
- Supervise preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manage the entire tendering process.
- Establish and maintain a framework for processing requests in accordance with the established procurement policy and manual
- Maintain the data in the ICT system.
- Oversee adherence to contractual agreements, recommend amendments and advice vendors and users on contractual rights and obligations, coordinate all phases of negotiation of disputes arising from contracts
- Inventory management and inspection of delivered goods to ensure conformity to agreed specifications
- Secretary to the Tender Evaluation Committee, Disposal Committee and Procurement Committee
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Procurement and professional Certifications in procurement i.e. KISM, CIPS
- 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of Public Procurement & Disposal Act, INCOTERMS and international business practices.
- Knowledge of contract law and expertise in handling complex contract issues,
- Excellent report writing, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit application letters and curriculum vitae including current remuneration package by 7th December 2019, to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted