Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Ltd
Vacant Re-advertisement: Sales and Marketing Manager
Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Ltd (KSLH) was incorporated in 1966 under the Companies Act, Cap 486 Laws of Kenya.
KSLH owns and operates three properties, namely Mombasa Beach Hotel, Mombasa, Voi Safari Lodge, Tsavo East and Ngulia Safari Lodge, Tsavo West.
Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC) is the majority shareholder in this Company.
The Board of Directors seeks to recruit qualified, experienced and highly talented professional to fill the position of Sales & Marketing Manager.
Reporting to the General Manager, the sales and marketing manager will be responsible for the sales & marketing function of KSLH.
He/she coordinates the development of KSLH marketing and sales strategy, policies and procedures.
Leads a team of sales executives to implement the Company’s sales strategies in order to maximize occupancy levels, ADRs and sales turnover.
- Degree in business, marketing or hotel /hospitality management. Membership in a professional body (CIM, MSK, PRSK, AMA). An MBA would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a busy 3 to 4 star rated Hotel Company with facilities of not less than 250 rooms. Background in marketing conferences and safari lodges will be helpful.
- Outstanding product knowledge, promotional skills, negotiating and rates contracting techniques.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Proficient in computerized hotel information systems (Fidelio, Opera etc). Hands-on expertise in MS Office suite.
- Outstanding customer service; high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Plans, organizes, directs and oversees the implementation of KSLH Marketing and Sales plan in line with set policy and company standards.
- Identifies each unit’s demand segments, sources of business and develops appropriate marketing and sales strategies.
- Leads, develops and motivates sales team to maximize occupancy, ADRs and profitability.
- Builds professional rapport with local and international markets through constant communication and positive stakeholder engagement.
For the full Job Description, please refer to the Company Website: www.safari-hotels.com
Shortlisted candidate will be required to submit the following clearance certificates during the interview process:
- D.C.I (Good Conduct)
- Approved Credit Reference Bureau
- KRA Tax Compliant
If you meet the requirements stipulated, please apply quoting the reference, and send us your application including CV, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials; state your experience, current position, names and contacts of three professional referees, email address and mobile phone contacts, and submit to the address below:
The Board Chairman- (KSLH)
Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Limited
P.O. Box 90414 – 80100
Website: www. safari-hotels.com
So as to reach us by the close of business on Friday November 22, 2019.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
KSLH is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.