Job Title: Sales and Marketing Manager
Reports To: Managing Director
Supervises: Territorial Sales Reps, Marketers, Direct Van Sales Team, Distribution Team.
Job Purpose: The Sales and Marketing Manager will work to improve the company’s market position and achieve business and financial growth. The function defines long term organization business goals, build key customer relationship, identify business opportunities, negotiate, close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The position holder will have the following accountabilities;
- Implement the marketing strategy for the company as outlined in the company’s five-year business plan.
- New Business development; Prospect for new clients/customers and turn this into increased business. Cold call as appropriate within the market or geographical area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities, plan approaches and pitches. This is expected to result in increased demand for the company’s products and thus drive the firm to operate at full capacity.
- Improve product marketability and profitability of the company by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development
- Engage with stakeholders and client for purposes of retention, growth and new business opportunities.
- Client retention; Present new products and enhance existing relationships. Work with production and other technical staff including internal colleagues to meet customer needs. Arrange and participate in internal and external client briefing.
- Route to market oversight and execution to ensure that product placement in the entire region is prioritized.
- Maintain, promote and enhance a positive corporate image of the organization through effective positioning and branding.
- Enhance positive public relations.
- Train, develop, coach and motivate the sales team.
- Implement the company’s social responsibility policy.
- Coordinate customer relation issues.
- Facilitate and review development of marketing and corporate affairs plans.
- Develop and implement annual marketing plans that will be aligned to the overall marketing strategy of the company.
- Monitor the external environment and advise management on possible market gaps in addition to deepening the understanding of the coastal market.
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards as part of competitive strategy.
- Improve the online presence of the company through the use of digital marketing strategies and channels.
- Implement daily sales reporting and monitoring tools that will provide data necessary for carrying out periodic analysis of the company’s market performance.
- Increase the daily collections from clients via the sales and marketing team, in order to improve the cash position of the firm.
Key Qualifications: The Sales and Marketing Manager shall be a holder of a business-related University Degree, possess at least 10 years’ experience in an FMCG environment, be a member of a professional body and have a professional qualification in marketing.
Job Specific Skills: Marketing Planning and Strategy, Positioning, People Management, Territory Management, Sales Planning, Competitive Analysis, Customer Behavior Analysis, Product Development, Client Relationships, Digital Marketing, Data Analysis and Report Writing Skills,
Job Related Skills: Interpersonal relations, Negotiation, Emotional intelligence, Team work, High Integrity, Good communication, Self-drive and creativity, Able to work under pressure and meeting strict deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com before end of day 25 November 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted