Job Title: Clinical Officer
Reporting to: Human Resource Manager
Main Purpose of the Job: The Clinical Officer has the responsibility of attending all staff in need of medical attention, maintain a high profile health awareness campaign in the organization, overseeing of health & safety procedures and general administration of staff medical schemes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend to the medical needs of all employees as far as sickness and diagnosing the medical problems including injuries and dispensing of drugs appropriately and advising the sick employees as necessary.
- Administer first aid and refer patients to a higher facility to seek medical attention.
- Ensure the company clinic is kept clean and acceptable condition at all times.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly sick leave report.
- Carry out monthly, fortnightly and weekly ante-natal clinics as the case may be for all employees who are expectant mothers and advise them as necessary taking into consideration nutritional, child care and family planning education.
- Keep a stock record of all drugs in the clinic and their costs, noting any price changes.
- Produce a report on drug usage on a monthly basis and stock balance and submit to the HR Manager.
- Place requisition order of drugs in acceptable quantities and in accordance with agreed and justifiable consumption rates.
- Organize and conduct lecture sessions on health and family planning education programs with an emphasis on HIV Aids for all staff.
- Ensure anyone handling food is medically examined and maintain valid medical certificates for all food handlers and implement the necessary action for those found unfit.
- Ensure both pre-employment and post employment medical examinations are conducted as required and maintain such records properly.
- Participate in co-coordinating of all Company Health & Safety regulations; carry out safe act visits and advising the company on the status including identification of potential risks to health and injury.
- Handle all cases of injury at the place of work and ensure they are reported to the Human Resource manager within 24 hours.
- Maintain/update the accident register.
- Organize and participate in First Aid training.
- Ensure all First Aid Boxes are properly equipped and maintain a register of inspections conducted.
- Attend Health & Safety committee meetings and make follow up on recommendations made.
- Maintaining the patient’s information confidential.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:-
- Minimum Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- Must be a Registered Clinical Officer with a Valid Certificate from the relevant body.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working as a clinical officer.
- Be self-driven, motivated, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Should be a team player.
- Must be Flexible
Those who meet the above qualifications should submit their applications through firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Human Resource Manager on or before 15th December, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Segera is a founder member of the Long Run Destinations.
For more information on the global network of Long Run Destinations and the Zeitz Foundation see www.thelongrun.com and www.zeitzfoundation.org.