Job Title: Site Acquisition Manager
Company Background: Our Client is a fast expanding organization with revenues that are growing by 25% annually. They currently employ approximately 2000 staff and they anticipate this number to increase by 25% annually over the next 3 to 5 years. Its employees are integral to the success of the business and are highly valued. The company operates regionally in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda with plans to continue their expansion in the region.
Summary of work environment: Site acquisition is part of Projects Department and is very critical in Company’s growth and expansion strategy. It encompasses site mapping, site identification, Site Feasibility and negotiation processes. Site Acquisition is the backbone of the company’s 5-Year expansion strategy that is currently under implementation.
Primary Purpose and Scope the Job (Job Role): To identify and acquire suitable retail sites across the region and also conduct the site inspections and due diligence to ensure that the potential sites meet the company’s specifications especially for the retail sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a strategy for entering new markets based on Company growth strategy
- Create a heat map for target areas in the region
- Conduct market analysis of target areas.
- Prepares appraisal report by describing physical and economic property characteristics, appraisal procedures used, and information was analyzed; disclosing extraordinary assumptions, and hypothetical and limiting conditions; presenting supportive reasoning.
- Identify and short list new sites that align with Company’s growth strategy and market positioning
- Develop index/score card for ranking locations
- Manage business development pipeline
- Build a strong network of retail property managers, agents and landlords
- Present business cases for new locations to management team inclusive of 1-2 year projections
- Conduct due diligence on prospective location
- Review and underwriting of terms for lease agreements
Key Result Areas / Key Performance Indicators (5-6 areas)
- Prepare detailed preliminary reports with a brief market overview for all prospective sites identified.
- Secure pipeline for subsequent fiscal year as per 5 Year budget
- Identify gaps in branch networks and secure sites in those areas
- Develop and build relationships with developers, property managers and agents to ensure client is a preferred anchor for retail developments and fuel stations
Performance Indicators (3-5 indicators)
- Maintenance of more than 100 sites in the sites funnel.
- Secure a minimum 70% of pipeline for subsequent fiscal year as per budget
- Identify 50% of sites in target number of sites in priority commercial and residential areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Degree in real estate development (preferred)
- Good understanding of retail market in East Africa
- 3-5 years’ experience with a property management or property investment firm
- 3 Years’ experience in site acquisition
- 3 Years’ experience in Retail industry
Special Conditions of Employment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate
- Over 3 Years’ experience in Property site acquisition
- Over 3 Years’ experience in the retail industry
- Site Acquisition
- Estate Agency
- Property Management
- Project Management
- Property Appraisal
** Please note this is a 1 year Renewable Contract.
How to Apply
If the above profile describes you, this could be the big opportunity you have been looking for.
Please send a CV and a cover letter outlining your availability and salary expectations to email@example.com before 25th November, 2019.