Our client an Electronic security systems solution provider is seeking to hire an aggressive Storekeeper to join their dedicated team in Nairobi.
The Position: Reporting to the chief accountant, the overall purpose of this role is to manage the stores of the company
- Receive and forward all types of goods and deliveries in and out of the stores to the correct point of storage area.
- Follow all standards for issuing and receiving stock within the store’s area of operation.
- Monitor and take inventory on a regular basis to compile orders based on par levels or needs.
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Monitor Periodic Automatic Replacement levels for all the running items to ensure proper levels.
- Responsible to verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
- Responsible for the day to day check on the storage facilities of upkeep and hygiene.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
- Ensure all store requisitions are signed by concerned Department Heads (HOD’s) and approved by the chief accountant as per the operations procedure.
- Ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches.
- Ensure store requisition form is signed by the person collecting the goods and enter into the
- Inventory/Materials Management System.
- Post all invoices using the ERP System.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Follow up on documentation of after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established internal controls and procedures.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk / payable assistant in finding out any cost discrepancies.
- Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Extend all requisitions on a daily basis and update the inventory management system.
- Work closely with Purchasing to order and receive items and equipment.
- Troubleshoot any vendor delivery issues and oversee/follow up on the return process.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management or supervisors.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a storekeeper.
- Should be well conversant with Tally and MS Excel
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above please send your CV to email@example.com before the close of business on Thursday 28th November 2019