Vacant Position: Structural Engineer
Industry: Real Estate, Architecture, Civil Engineering
Our Client, an Engineering Development Company incorporated in Kenya and UAE with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya is urgently looking to recruit a Structural Engineer with diverse work experience and a passion for designing projects that will last far into the future.
He/she will have a chance to participate in every step of the process, from initial design to final unveiling, and will be working with a team of experts dedicated to finding the most innovative solutions to challenging project requirements.
The successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants, client and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule, budget other matters by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design structural components for large-scale projects, including analyzing survey reports and client requirements to ensure specifications meet project goals
- Review blueprints, plans and change orders to verify structural integrity of materials and designs, and perform complex calculations and use modeling methods to ensure correct results
- Create and present structural overviews for upcoming projects, and develop reports that include technical details for engineers as well as big-picture analysis and cost estimates for project managers and senior executive
- Prepare reports, designs and drawings
- Make calculations about pressures, loads and stresses
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval
- Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure
- Liaise with professional staff such as architects and engineers
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness
- Administer contracts and manage projects
- Inspect properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations
- Any other duty assigned by the Projects Director
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from a recognized institution
- Practicing License / Certified by the Engineers Board of Kenya
- Must have 10 years of experience as a Site Engineer or relevant position on New-Building (commercial and industrial projects)
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in Structural Buildings
- Experience in Building Engineering Consulting is a plus
- Hands on experience in building & structures software’s
- Must be fluent in reading/ Interpreting the drawings without supervision
- Must be available for a full time job
- Must be willing and ready to be deployed for work purposes in Kenya and East African region atlarge
- Must understand construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts.
- Decisive with excellent critical thinking skills
- Good written and verbal communication abilities, including preparing and giving presentations
- Proficient in MS Projects and Excel
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 21st November 2019.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.