Job Vacancy: Study Nurse
Location: Kenyatta National Hospital (DCC Clinic)
Job Summary: The study nurse will, recruit, screen and enrol clients, and conduct the necessary study procedures for the participants. In addition, the study nurse will counsel and refer them to the Study Clinician when necessary.
Immediate Supervisor: Study Clinician
Reports to: Study Coordinator
- Have a diploma in KRN/RM or KRCHN
- Must be registered and licensed by the Nursing council of Kenya
- Must have 2Years working experience post internship
- Knowledge of Kenya National Family planning guidelines will be an added advantage.
- Past experience working in a clinical research set up will be an added advantage
- Previous knowledge and at least 2-years’ experience working with family planning tools and Job aids will be an added advantage.
- Team player, Outgoing, innovative and Flexible
- Human subject protection training will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- During recruitment, the study nurse will inform health care providers and possible participants about the study during visits and presentations to health centre
- Work hand in hand with the study clinicians and other study team members (Retention Officers) to recruit screen, enroll and follow up participants as per the protocol.
- During screening, the study nurse will take participants through the informed consent process.
- Will work with the clinical officers to provide counselling and treatment for sexually transmitted infections during screening Will counsel patients on procedures to be followed during physical examination, genital examination and help draw lab samples for all clients enrolled in the clinic.
- He or She will refer clients enrolled to the clinical officer for specialized care if needed.
- HIV/STI risk reduction testing and counselling through CHTC
- Counsel participants on family planning methods as needed
- Perform daily Quality improvement procedures for samples collected and CRFs completed for all clients seen in the clinic on a daily basis.
- Train on and follow all Study Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as stipulated by the study protocol
- Participate in weekly clinic Quality improvement meetings and clinic meetings
- Ensure all project supplies are kept in safe custody and are ordered in a timely manner in consultation with the study clinician
- Perform other duties as directed by the Principal investigator.
Additional trainings required
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Human Subject Protection
- Continuous FP/study SOP/SSP guidelines and trainings
Applications must include the following:
- CLICK HERE to complete our online application form
- Complete CV with 2 referees indicating their telephone contacts and e-mail contacts
- MUST send all the relevant certificates and testimonials
If qualified for the above post, please send your CV to the email firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st December 2019
NOTE: Applicants MUST be able to report for the job IMMEDIATELY after the interviews.