Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
Job Title: Senior Human Resource Officer
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Function: Senior Officer
Number of subordinates: 0
Reports to: Finance & Admin Cordinator
Working time in % : 100%
Context: Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief organization, based in Lausanne (Switzerland). Every year our projects support more than 3 million children and their families in over 35 countries.
Tdh provides support to children in Dadaab refugee camp and in Korogocho slums. Tdh also implements health and nutrition projects in Garissa County.
General description of the position: Under the overall supervision of the Finance & Admin Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, supporting and coordinating the human resources functions of the Kenya Tdh Office. He or she will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy.
Recruitment, selection and orientation
- Coordinate recruitment and selection of new positions
- Manage new staff orientation program
- Open personnel files for new staff
- Prepare and issue job descriptions and employment contracts
- Track contract end dates advice supervisors accordingly
- Update and maintain all personnel Files
- Manage staff probation
- Prepare consultancy contracts
- Manage monthly staff time sheets
HR software management
- Prepare payroll on the HR Homere software
- Manage and update all types of leaves on the software
- Update staff changes regularly on the system
Compensation and benefits management
- Handling of pension schemes
- Medical Scheme management
- Administration of staff benefits
Implementation of Policies
- Monitor adherence of policies and compliance with the labour laws
- Update management on any changes or updates in regard to labour laws of the country
- Monitor staff welfare and identify or propose appropriate programmes and remedial action
- Provide support on employee relations activities
- Handle grievances and disciplinary procedures
- Follow up on clearance forms of staff who are separating from the organization and formulate staff final dues where applicable
Required Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management / Business Administration (HR Option);
- Must be a member of IHRM with a Practicing Certificate;
- At least 3 years work experience in Human Resource in a similar position in an international organization, non-governmental or development organization.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to act in a professional and confidential manner;
- Good organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to work well in a team and in a multicultural environment;
- Proficiency in ICT with demonstrated experience in Ms Office practices, policies, concepts and procedures;
- Understanding of local labour laws.
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
Only candidates that fit the requirements above are invited to submit a cover letter, CV, references, and copies of academic and professional certificates (if requirements are not met or application is incomplete, the application will not be considered).
The application should be emailed to KEN.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly indicate the position on the subject line of the e-mail – only applications which will have complied with this request will be shortlisted.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Closing date for the application of this position is 6th December, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and oral interview.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer.