Job Title: Transport Manager
Reports To: Director Operations
Supervises: Fleet / Loading supervisor and Maintenance officer (Mombasa)
Job Purpose: Ensures that all shipments are handled quickly, safely and within budget.
- Plan and supervise the shipments from production to the end-user
- Schedule daily and weekly routes in conjunction with the BDM.
- Track trucks using functional systems ( tracking software)
- Coordinate to ensure proper distribution of products
- Monitor, report on transportation costs and suggest cost –effective transport methods.
- Ensure documents are properly filed i.e vehicle inspection and insurance covers.
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Prepare yearly schedules for training departmental staff .
- Conduct regular safety audits on vehicles.
- Organize training sessions for employees (e.g. proper use of vehicles )
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and transport legislation.
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations.
- Proven work experience as a Transportation Manager, or similar role
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management
- Experience preparing and tracking orders
- Familiarity with logistics
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Problem-solving abilities
- High school diploma
- BSc in Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant field is a plus
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com before end of day 7th Nov 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.