Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the below post;
Position: Category Manager – General Merchandise
Duty Station: Head Office
Overall Purpose: A successful category manager contributes to the profitability of each store by increasing the volume of products that are sold within the category, and improving the rate of inventory turnover within the category.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Providing category buyers with customer focused insights regarding the product and category so to achieve successful buying plans.
- Create and develop long term plan and strategy for development of the category.
- Planning and driving category sales budgets.
- Responsible for managing inventory and for effectively planning and forecasting in order to maximize the profitability of the inventory flow.
- In liaison with category buyer; is responsible for setting competitive pricing points, and adjusting the pricing to increase sales and clear out stagnant items from inventory.
- Often work closely with buyers to expand successful product lines, and implement successful exit strategies.
- Determining both local and overseas product trends and converting these into sales
- Ensuring all products meet legal and statutory obligations.
- Designing promotions both monthly and seasonal to maximize sales.
- Ensuring the product mix achieves the department’s financial objectives.
- Perform quarterly range review
- Bachelor’s degree/Masters in Business Administration or related field
- Diploma in sales and marketing or any other relevant diploma will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience
Key Skills and Competence
- Good communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Good customer service skills.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements visit Tuskys website https://www.tuskys.com/ career page and submit your application before close of business, Saturday November 16th, 2019.
Late applications will not be considered.
We do NOT charge any fee in receiving and application processing.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.