Vacant Position: Production Supervisor
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Industry: Building Materials Manufacturing
Our Client, a market leader in organized wood working joinery segment – offering advanced adhesive and specialty products is urgently looking to recruit versatile and enthusiastic Production Supervisor.
The position has the responsibility of overseeing the manufacturing line and assisting with improvement projects while reducing operating cost.
The primary role of the position is to produce products that meet production specification and customer expectations by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate activities associated with the production department including scheduling adequate staff to run and operate the line.
- Ensures safe and healthy working conditions and an organized work environment
- Supervise activities of Production staff
- Coaches, counsels and reviews performance of direct reports
- Keen understanding of scheduling requirements in a continuous flow operation
- Responsible for line and equipment set-up for current and next run products
- Conducts process quality audits and develops a sustainment plan when audits reveal points outside of specification.
- Reviews samples and product steps continually for approval and product/process improvement
- Coordinates operator based maintenance needs for area, as well as initiating work orders for PM and project needs
- Resolves technical problems with regards to shade variations, glaze defects, application problems and other problems as needed.
- Understands and maintains standards and assists operations with process improvements with success measured by process reliability
- Inspect material for quality defects
- Develop and monitor 5S procedures
- Responsible for driving world class levels in product recovery, waste and efficiency
- Establishes and maintains controls to keep costs at a minimum consistent with efficient operations
- Able to work well with all departments in the value stream, as you will have daily interaction with all suppliers and customers within the facility
- Ensures employees complete required training, including safety, ergonomic and all other required training.
- Ensure ergonomic risk factors are reduced to an acceptable level when feasible
- Lead injury/illness investigations, and ensure accurate root cause is identified and addressed
- Demonstrate safe work practices
- Produce product according to specifications
- Promotes and adheres to all safety and health policies and procedures of plant.
- Other duties as required by management
Education & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, ceramic engineering, material science or any other relevant discipline (Building materials manufacturing industry, preferred)
- Minimum 2 – 3 years working experience in a production manufacturing environment with strong technical background in the waterproofing, flooring or ceramic tile industry.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build and lead a team effectively
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications; SAP knowledge is desired
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 18th November 2019.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.