Africa Digital Media Institute
Background: Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Africa Digital Media Group comprises the Institute, Studio and Foundation. The Institute (ADMI) is Eastern Africa’s premier creative arts, media and technology training institution.
The Studio produce compelling African stories and games to engage audiences worldwide. And the Foundation mobilizes capital, talent and other resources to support engagement of Africa’s digital generation in the fast-growing, global creative economy.
ADMI and its affiliates form an innovative social enterprise through which the next generation of digital professionals and creative entrepreneurs get the training, mentorship and platform they need to turn their passion into a profession.
To support our fast-growing Group, we are undertaking search for the following position:
Adjunct Faculty – Graphic Design
We are currently undertaking global searches to recruit Adjunct Faculty (part time) for our expanding Graphic Design Program with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Design and Visual Presentation
As a member of ADMI’s faculty, you have a rare opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Africa’s future leaders by providing valuable mentoring for tomorrow’s leading digital professionals and creative entrepreneurs.
You’ll bring passion and expertise to student instruction using innovative teaching methods Industry standard equipment and reflecting the latest industry trends in your discipline.
Scope of Work
- Teach a course load appropriate to the field or discipline.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Employ available instructional technology, i.e. the internet, telecourses, interactive technology, when appropriate.
- Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning.
- Prepare, distribute, and submit syllabi and approved course outlines for all assigned sections in accordance with ADMI policies and Procedures.
- Record and provide attendance data in accordance with ADMI Policies and Procedures.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in relevant technical field.
- At least 3 – 5 years of practical work or consulting experience in your chosen field.
- Prior Lecturing/ Teaching experience is a plus.
- Progressive outlook with strong work ethic.
- Strong English, facilitation and coaching skills
- Role model who promotes ADMI values
At ADMI, you too can turn your passion into a profession!
To apply, please send a cover letter, portfolio (as applicable), and updated CV to email@example.com