Africa Digital Media Institute (ADMI)
Background: Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Africa Digital Media Group comprises the Institute, Studio and Foundation.
The Institute (ADMI) is Eastern Africa’s premier creative arts, media and technology training institution.
The Studio produce compelling African stories and games to engage audiences worldwide.
And the Foundation mobilizes capital, talent and other resources to support engagement of Africa’s digital generation in the fast-growing, global creative economy.
ADMI and its affiliates form an innovative social enterprise through which the next generation of digital professionals and creative entrepreneurs get the training, mentorship and platform they need to turn their passion into a profession.
To support our fast-growing Group, we are undertaking search for the following position:
Events & Outreach Associate
The Events & Outreach Associate in the Commercial Department coordinates and monitors various public relations activities, lead the implementation and delivery of the current outreach portfolio by planning, developing, and delivering successful events to promote brand visibility and customer delight.
The role straddles the Africa Digital Media Group (Institute, Foundation and Studios).
Success in this position entail delivery of all project plans, timelines, and supplier briefs.
Including supplier search, appointment, negotiation and management to ensure we remain on brief, within budget and produce an exceptional event.
This includes but is not limited to venue, event / production company, caterers, entertainment, PR company, printers, designers etc.
Scope of Work
- Interface with suppliers, including writers, graphic designers, animators, event planners, etc.
- Create and oversee all event calendars and checklists for marketing events.
- Coordinate all on-site and off-site events including but not limited to Academic events, Off-campus events, Expos and exhibitions, Partner events, launches and conferences, Master classes, workshops and bootcamps, Community outreach to audiences in Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania
- Provide logistical and content support for conferences and media appearances for all team members.
- Serve as main liaison for media coverage and external PR agencies.
- Represent the Company at industry events, in Kenya and globally.
- Backstop sales team in all respects including campus tours, off-site expos and on-site promotion
- Plan and implement public relations outreach with an emphasis on mainstream media
- Work with the marketing team to deliver event collateral that forms part of the year’s messaging campaign across all mediums (print, digital, oral), and manage the print process locally.
- Design, resource, execute and speak at career mentorship events for high schools and colleges
- Ensure continuous improvements of events/ processes are undertaken and necessary remedial actions are introduced as effectively as possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in working with event planning within timeline and budget constraints
- Excellent digital communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask various duties
- Ability to work independently and within teams in a demanding corporate setting
At ADMI, you too can turn your passion into a profession!
To apply, please send a cover letter, and updated CV to email@example.com