Africa Digital Media Institute (ADMI)
Background: Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Africa Digital Media Group comprises the Institute, Studio and Foundation.
The Institute (ADMI) is Eastern Africa’s premier creative arts, media and technology training institution.
The Studio produce compelling African stories and games to engage audiences worldwide.
And the Foundation mobilizes capital, talent and other resources to support engagement of Africa’s digital generation in the fast-growing, global creative economy.
ADMI and its affiliates form an innovative social enterprise through which the next generation of digital professionals and creative entrepreneurs get the training, mentorship and platform they need to turn their passion into a profession.
To support our fast-growing Group, we are undertaking search for the following position:
Multimedia Designer (Graphic Design and Motion Graphics)
The Multimedia Designer supports the Group Communications and Outreach Team in creating, repurposing and editing a range of content, bringing them to life and delivering high quality and innovative motion graphic content, that seamlessly integrate with both marketing collateral and e-learning solutions.
You will be an integral part of every stage in the creative process, from conceptualization through to client review and approval, and will use your skills and creativity to engage and inform our audiences using information graphics, data visualizations, motion graphics and multimedia storytelling.
Secondary duties will include ideating concepts, executing video and photo editing, motion graphics and animation, storyboard development, post production editing and final production, delivery and back-up storage.
This is a role for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment to ensure effective integration of graphics and design elements in the broader conceptualization and planning of communication interventions.
Scope of work:
1. Graphic Design and Motion Graphics (70%)
- Design and produce material for print, electronic and digital platforms and motion graphics, from concept through to final proof.
- Managing the production, editing and archiving of media contents for referral and easy retrieval.
- Develop scripts and storyboards as per business briefs.
2. Video and photography (30%)
- Support all Group departments through video production, photography and special event coverage.
- Contribute to and supplement video content for all videos and multimedia productions.
- Setup and operate equipment to capture video and audio. Perform illustration/animation functions supporting overall video production.
3. Event Audio / Visual
- Support all internal event and conference A/V needs through idea development, determining need and planning.
- Degree/ Diploma in Graphic Design or Motion Graphics with at least 3 years’ graphic design experience including video production
- Strong knowledge of graphics producing software including but not limited to Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, including a variety of 3rd party motion graphic plugins.
- Experience with 3D motion graphics preferred
- Strong knowledge of editing software including Cinema 4D, Premiere, Final Cut Pro and Flash
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines under direct supervision and independently
- Effective and consistent communication with colleagues and vendors
- Commitment to highest production quality on all projects
- Open to learning, dedicated to improving, committed to excellence
- Previous work experience in a corporate environment preferred
- Strong written and verbal skills.
At ADMI, you too can turn your passion into a profession!
To apply, please send a cover letter, and updated CV to email@example.com