Africa Digital Media Institute (ADMI)
Background: Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Africa Digital Media Group comprises the Institute, Studio and Foundation.
The Institute (ADMI) is Eastern Africa’s premier creative arts, media and technology training institution.
The Studio produce compelling African stories and games to engage audiences worldwide.
And the Foundation mobilizes capital, talent and other resources to support engagement of Africa’s digital generation in the fast-growing, global creative economy.
ADMI and its affiliates form an innovative social enterprise through which the next generation of digital professionals and creative entrepreneurs get the training, mentorship and platform they need to turn their passion into a profession.
To support our fast-growing Group, we are undertaking search for the following position:
Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator in the Commercial Department is responsible for the day-to-day management of the company’s social media properties. Working closely with the marketing team to generate a social media strategy and a social media presence that will promote brand awareness and drive sales. The role straddles the Africa Digital Media Group (Institute, Foundation and Studios).
Success in this position entail building a vibrant Social Media community that will lead to organic growth in customers and promote our brand, measured by the growth of reach, follow and engagement on each of our social media platforms as well as each platform’s contribution to the creation of high-quality customer leads.
Scope of Work:
- Developing social media content plans that are consistent with the company’s brand identity by conceptualizing and staging community stories and translating the same into viral social media campaigns.
- Running the company social media advertising, by formulating high-quality and consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, by writing and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns.
- Liaise closely with the events, content and digital marketing functions to design and measure impactful content differentiated for each social media platform and linked directly into the Marketing team’s overall lead generation strategy.
- Building a social media presence by maintaining a solid online presence.
- Research audience preferences and keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Communicating with social media followers, including responding immediately to queries and engaging with disaffected customers in partnership with the Academic services team.
- Developing and managing social influencer programs and attending social influencer events.
- Monitoring the company’s brand on social media using analytical tools to monitor and evaluate the company’s social media presence and performance.
- Preparing reports on social media marketing efforts while suggesting recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- 3 or more years of social media experience including planning and managing content in a corporate or agency setting.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Yahoo, Google+ and other social media best practices.
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Experience in carrying out audience and buyer persona research.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and must have a thorough understanding of social media management and strategy.
- Proven ability to build social media communities.
- Ability to measure the success of campaigns.
- Ability to work independently in a demanding corporate setting
At ADMI, you too can turn your passion into a profession!
To apply, please send a cover letter, and updated CV to email@example.com