The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit organization that carries out high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The Center seeks to recruit an Accounts Assistant to work within its Finance Unit.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Code and post transactions into the financial system ensuring adherence to financial procedures;
- Prepare bank reconciliations;
- Make inquiries on matters pertaining to bank accounts;
- Ensure payment documents are properly supported and duly approved prior to posting;
- Provide support for financial transactions for project reporting;
- Provide financial information for planning, budgets and status on program activities;
- Maintain the fixed assets register;
- Make payment for VAT and withholding tax, ensure returns are filed per statutory requirements and process VAT accounts reconciliations; and
- Ensure proper records management and compliance with both internal and external requirements.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA II) or Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) equivalent;
- At least 1 year’s post qualification experience;
- Strong computer skills and exposure to ERPs;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Superior communications skills, verbal and written, including the ability to engage effectively with staff at all levels;
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to follow assignments through to completion;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated strong moral and ethical foundation; and
- Must have a high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Accounts Assistant’ by January 17, 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children