Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a new State Corporation and is registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap. 446 of 25th January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital and is now operational offering specialized referral services in Accident & Emergency, Oncology, Renal, Trauma & Orthopaedics.
The Hospital is seeking to recruit highly transformative and dynamic self-driven individuals with a high degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence and impeccable capabilities to fill the following positions within its staff establishment: –
Central Sterilization Supply Department Technicians
Position Description: The job entails working in the theatre department to assist in patient induction and post-surgery handling of instruments.
- Ensures that operating table is set and ready for operation.
- Ensure that the operation table is the right one for the operation.
- Ensure that it is in good working condition.
- Ensure that it is fully charged and the charging cable is disconnected.
- Check the anesthetist machine as per the machine checklist before every operation.
- Ensure the anesthetic machine is working.
- Ensure that there is good supply of pipes gases.
- Ensure that the pin index cylinders are mounted on the machine and have gases in them.
- Ensure the anesthetic machine is serviced as per hospital Annual Planned preventive maintenance schedule.
- Assist in wheeling patients to and from theaters.
- Assist in positioning the patient on the operating table.
- Assist the anesthetist intubations, maintenance and reversal of anesthesia.
- Ensure that the anesthetic cart has sufficient drugs required for anesthetizing the patient.
- Ensures that the consumables required for intubations are in theaters and ready.
- Assist the anesthetist in reversing the patient.
- Ensures he has a working suction unit ready.
- Ensures that all drugs and consumables used by the anesthetist are recorded on the technician charge sheet.
- Assist the other team members in cleaning theaters, surgical instruments and sluice room.
- Ensures the operation table is clean and ready for the next operation.
- Ensures the anesthetic drug and consumable used are replaced in the anesthetic cart.
- Training in any medical related course, and 6 months professional training as theatre technician.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical skills, excellent interpersonal communication skills both in English and Swahili.
- Must be highly presentable, hardworking and committed with ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
If your background and competencies match the specifications above, please apply online via www.kutrrh.go.ke/careersportal
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications please indicate the subject as follows: – JOB APPLICATION – [JOB/ CADRE REFERENCE NUMBER]
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday 31st December 2019.
Persons living with Disability, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/ or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
All shortlisted candidates MUST fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and will be required to produce the following documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: email@example.com
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an equal opportunity employer