Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a new State Corporation and is registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap. 446 of 25th January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital and is now operational offering specialized referral services in Accident & Emergency, Oncology, Renal, Trauma & Orthopaedics.
The Hospital is seeking to recruit highly transformative and dynamic self-driven individuals with a high degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence and impeccable capabilities to fill the following positions within its staff establishment: –
Position Description: Counsellors are mental health practitioners who specialize in treating patients with emotional crises, stress, anxiety and behavioral disorders.
Their primary responsibilities include offering patient consultations and implementing individualized psychological treatment.
- Scheduling patient consultations liaising with physicians.
- Assessing patients and identifying their problems.
- Engaging in discussion with patients and making them feel comfortable.
- Implementing individualized treatment programs.
- Undertaking psychometric testing.
- Evaluating patient responses to treatment over time.
- Organizing a long-term counseling plan that involves multiple visits.
- Offering services to all age groups.
- Offering both one-on-one and group counseling.
- Keeping a detailed account of patient mental health history.
- Being patient and building relationships based on trust Minimum Qualifications
- Be a holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Counselling or a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences with a Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling from a recognized institution.
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Be a registered member of the Kenya Counsellors and Psychologists Association.
- Minimum two years counselling experience from a recognized institution.
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following qualities:
- Ability to get on well with the diverse workforce;
- Effective knowledge in the professional field of specialization;
- Effective communication skills;
- Ability to take instructions;
- Effective organizational and supervisory skills;
- Ability to keep confidentiality of clients’ information;
- Writing skills;
- Able to maintain confidentiality and high standards of ethical behavior;
- Team playing skills;
- Care for resources;
- Manual dexterity;
- Execution of instructions;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Analytical skills; and,
- Records Management skills.
If your background and competencies match the specifications above, please apply online via www.kutrrh.go.ke/careersportal
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications please indicate the subject as follows: – JOB APPLICATION – [JOB/ CADRE REFERENCE NUMBER]
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday 31st December 2019.
Persons living with Disability, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/ or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
All shortlisted candidates MUST fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and will be required to produce the following documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: email@example.com
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an equal opportunity employer