Human Resource Assistant Position ….
Our client, a leading provider of telecommunication and energy services in Africa seeks to recruit a talented, creative and result-oriented individual to fill the position of Human Resources Assistant.
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the job holder shall be responsible for the provision of the efficient and effective management of the Human Resources (HR) function in the organization.
The incumbent will be expected to assist with general administration regarding payroll processing, employee benefits, staff development, training and training coordination, legal / statutory compliance, and performance management.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide timely advisory support to team members regarding human resource issues;
- Ensure legal compliance in the maintenance of employee personnel files, timely and accurate payment of statutory deductions, remuneration, termination and exit procedure(s);
- Provide support in the management of employee benefits and staff welfare programmes including ensuring the eligibility, enrollment, termination, payments and supervision of the respective service providers;
- Assist in the compilation of annual leave plans and administration of all kinds of leave;
- Prepare an annual need based competence development / capacity building plan guided by the Company’s training policy, and coordinate and set up training sessions as required:
- Assist in the end-to-end recruitment process including placement of job adverts, maintenance an applicant tracking database, new hire induction, orientation and on-boarding processes;
- Ensure the best candidates are recruited quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively through appropriate recruitment practices that ensure a balance between skill and diversity without compromising the quality of the company’s standards;
- Generate talent pools, deploy and retain talented staff in the Company;
- Prepare offer packages for new hires;
- Conduct employment background checks and screening for prospective employees;
- Coordinate quarterly and annual performance appraisal process as well as identify training needs;
- Ensure accuracy of the payroll process as required;
- Assist with research for policies, trainings, strategic planning and other HR related issues;
- Produce company newsletter;
- Assist to prepare special events such as end of year celebrations and other related office / company events;
- Process invoices for the HR department.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- A Minimum of Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management or relevant field of study;
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in a similar role;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and report writing skills;
- Demonstrable administrative and analytical skills;
- Ability to prioritize in a demanding work environment, multiple accountabilities and to tight deadlines;
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholders, government agencies, consultants etc.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to email their applications and a detailed CV stating current and expected salary, notice period and contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as Human Resource Assistant: TMC/002/2019 by December 23, 2019, 5.00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted