Our client, a holding company representing interests in hospitality, retail and finance is seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position at their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for providing an independent objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations.
This will be done by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance processes
- Implementing best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements
- Undertaking specific audit assignments and preparing detailed audit observations and reports
- Participating in reviews of the accounting, internal controls and financial systems
- Identifying and communicating accounting and auditing matters to the management
- Developing annual internal audit plans for approval by the Board and ensuring that routine audits are carried out as per agreed plan
- Reviewing all the policies and other statutory requirements to ensure compliance with the laid down internal controls
- Identifying and reducing all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls
- Developing, implementing and maintaining internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice
- Identifying loopholes and recommending risk aversion measures and cost savings
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field
- At least 3 years professional experience in auditing
- CPA-K or ACCA professional certification
- Understanding of internal auditing standards and risk assessment practices
- Strong analytical skills and excellent accounting skills
- Good understanding of international and local accounting standards
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject “INTERNAL AUDITOR” by Friday, 13th December 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.