The Riara Group of Schools is a brand that has been in existence for over four decades and is a leading institution in the education industry.
We are inspired and motivated by the Riara philosophy of quality education to bridge higher education and the dynamism of the labour market.
We are looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of a Matron at Riara Springs Girls High School.
The Role: Responsible in ensuring that the school hostel and day-to-day administrative requirements of the Riara Springs Girls High School Boarding facilities are met to the expectations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Hostel Facilities
- Ensure a clean, habitable and homely hostel environment.
- Motivate the girls to maintain cleanliness of the hostel facilities and therefore learn through doing in the spirit of holistic education.
- Effectively manage boarding items e.g cups, linen, towels, bedcovers, blankets, pillows, mattresses etc to ensure that they are clean and well maintained.
- Conduct regular inspections of the hostel premises and identify repair and maintenance needs and report to Administration Officer.
- Maintain discipline and care in the use of the hostel facilities and boarding items.
2. Hostel Health and Safety
- Take reasonable steps to provide a safe physical environment that supports students learning.
- Effectively respond to medical and emergency cases according to established procedures.
- Guidance and counseling of the girls.
- Ensure inspection of the girls’ luggage when they are reporting to school to ensure compliance with school rules and procedures.
- Conduct impromptu inspections of the girl’s lockers to ensure compliance.
- Implement established RGS hostel policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular roll calls.
- Prepare daily hostel situation reports and submit to the Deputy Principal
3. Hostel Relationships
- Provide a safe emotional environment that makes students feel positive about their boarding.
- Ensure punctuality of the girls and adherence to the school schedules.
- Effectively manage conflicts amongst the girls in order to maintain a healthy learning environment.
4. Hostel Administration
- Ensure adequate hostel supplies
- Maintain hostel stock and inventory
- Enforce hostel routine and rules
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Diploma in hospitality with a minimum working experience of at least 5 years from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in hospitality with a minimum working experience of at least 8 years from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge and skills in administering First Aid
- KCSE mean grade C+ (Plus) and above
- Be mature in age, preferably minimum 35 years
- Must have passion and commitment to work with children/students
- Experience in guidance and counselling is an added advantage.
Qualified candidates to send a copy of their CV including current and expected remuneration and contact details of 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, December 11th, 2019.