National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group PLC
Position Title: Business Banker
Job Ref No. HR/062/2019
Available positions: Ten (10)
Division: Islamic Banking
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Position scope: The role holder will be responsible for Islamic Banking business acquisition and managing the Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) at the assigned branch.
He / She will be required to drive sales objectives through customer acquisition of MSME assets, liabilities and other related products.
He / She will also be expected to deepen customer relationships by keeping in regular contact and proactively meet their financial needs.
Business Growth & Relationship Functions
- Business acquisition of Islamic Banking MSME lending and deposit opportunities from current and prospective clients to enable achievement of the set performance objectives.
- Acquisition of profitable new customers for Islamic Banking MSME business through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships that includes effective consultative selling and creative structuring of financial solutions.
- Deepen and secure existing business relationships through the analysis of needs and provision of products and services.
- Responsible for Islamic Banking MSME portfolio growth in the assigned Branch.
- Conduct customer meetings that have defined call objectives, desired outcomes and a well-constructed plan.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all actual and prospective customer interactions.
- Identify and build partnerships with organizations to support acquisition of Islamic Banking MSME business.
- Maintain good productive relationships with Bank customers and other stakeholders.
- Cross selling of Islamic Banking products and services to MSME clients.
- Identify new product opportunities through market intelligence.
- Analyse and review quality of potential and existing businesses to ensure maximum profitability at portfolio level.
- Provide feedback to senior management, marketing and product management on customer’s needs and the efficiency of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Conduct initial review of loan applications and advise Customers on requirements
- Responsible for undertaking initial assessment for loan applications including; business, residential visits where applicable, character, financial assessment, reference checks among others and ensure full documentation as required.
- Analyse loan applications and make the appropriate recommendations for approval.
- Follow up on customer loan applications and advise customers of the credit approval decision.
- Liaise with customers to ensure all conditions are met for loan disbursement process.
- Promote Islamic Banking business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and cross sell
- Provide timely and organized responses to customer queries in the course of interactions within SLA.
- Collaborate with branch and head office staff to support in experiential customer interactions
- Ensure that all duties and activities are carried out in compliance with regulatory requirements, National Bank policies and policy standards among others.
- Ensure completeness of account application, loan application among other documents received from customers for processing.
- Comply with all operational risks & compliance requirements among others; KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
- Prepare and submit of periodical reports for performance management and other ad hoc reports that may be required for management purposes.
- Keep up to date with trends on the economy, local market among others with regard to the MSME business.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Management from time to time.
Skills & Experience:
- University Degree in a Business related field or social sciences.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in Banking (AKIB / ACIB
- Two (2) years’ work experience in a sales role from a financial institution.
- Knowledge of Bank Products & Services.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial mindset
- Highly analytical and ability to challenge the status quo based on quantitative facts and impacts
- Ability to develop periodical and adhoc reports
- Maintain a professional approach based on ethics
- Ability to build consensus and influence various stakeholders in the course of duty.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Agility and Adaptability
- Decisiveness and sound judgement
- Active listening
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please log to the link provided and submit your application with a detailed CV addressed to the Director Human Resources by 18th December 2019.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the recruitment and selection process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer