Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a new State Corporation and is registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap. 446 of 25th January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital and is now operational offering specialized referral services in Accident & Emergency, Oncology, Renal, Trauma & Orthopaedics.
The Hospital is seeking to recruit highly transformative and dynamic self-driven individuals with a high degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence and impeccable capabilities to fill the following positions within its staff establishment: –
Position Description: The person in this position is responsible for coordinating palliative care and patient referrals as required.
- Coordinates and completes palliative care consults with patient’s doctors.
- Available as a consultant to patients, families and staff (hospital and hospice) regarding end of life issues and palliative care.
- Assisting with education and training of employees, nurses, medical students, residents, and visiting scholars.
- Assists with education of hospital medical doctors, Nurses, social Services and Case Management.
- Assists with education of the community regarding palliative care and associated services.
- Collaborates with provider relations department to educate current and potential referral sources.
- Adheres to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff, and the organization.
- On-call responsibilities as required.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Registered Oncology nurse and possessing a valid license.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in hospice care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge about home care, hospice, palliative care, advance directives, pain management, symptom control, and discharge planning.
If your background and competencies match the specifications above, please apply online via www.kutrrh.go.ke/careersportal
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications please indicate the subject as follows: – JOB APPLICATION – [JOB/ CADRE REFERENCE NUMBER]
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday 31st December 2019.
Persons living with Disability, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/ or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
All shortlisted candidates MUST fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and will be required to produce the following documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: email@example.com
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an equal opportunity employer