Job Vacancy: Production Manager
Industry: Manufacturing / Factory
- Planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed customers’ expectations
- Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Responsibility for production output, product quality and on-time shipping/deliveries
Job Duties: The Production Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time delivery in accordance with the client’s service level agreement
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Ensure preventative maintenance and repairs of all machinery and equipment to minimize downtime, increase reliability and improve machine availability
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- In conjunction with Human Resource facilitate recruiting of staff. Manage, coach and mentor juniors to ensure performance targets are being met.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Work with plant engineers and supervisors in planning, budgeting, organizing resources, executing work plans, monitor production and quality, coordinate priorities, resolve issues and participate in special projects and work schedules
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Ensure all junior staff are suitable trained and qualified on safety for the various tasks and jobs they must complete. This included but not limited to Lock Out Tag Out, fall arrest, confined space entry, hot work permits, fire extinguishers etc.
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Enforce occupational health and safety by ensuring site compliance to all statutory labour, safety, health and environmental regulations. Ensure that Health and Safety requirements are being met by supporting and participating in regular Health and Safety meetings
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Prepare management reports as required, update General Manager and Managing Director on plant operational status and actively participate in management meetings
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 12 years working experience in a busy manufacturing setup, two of which must be in a management position.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of production planning, quality assurance procedures and equipment maintenance.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain staffing levels at an appropriate level
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without supervision as well as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with paying attention to detail.
- Solid computer skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office
- Understanding the materials forming technologies (welding, deep drawing, rolling) treatment and both destructive and non-destructive testing of steels.
- understanding of OH&S procedures with statutory governing acts
- ability to supervise, motivate, mentor staff and discipline errand employees
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to email@example.com before end of day 18 December 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted