Our client is one of the leading furniture retailers in the region.
They seek to recruit a highly competent person in the role of Purchasing Assistant.
This role reports to the Purchasing Manager and acts as the principal assistant in all administrative duties.
The Purchasing Assistant will compile and send purchase orders after approval by the Purchasing Manager.
The Purchasing Assistant will constantly check with the vendors to ensure that orders are received and processed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
- Ensure an up to date product data base
- Evaluate all requisitions and create Purchase orders and send to various suppliers
- Track orders placed and ensure timely delivery for imported and locally purchased goods
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Ensure follow up of required documents needed to complete the ordering process such as IDF, COC, Marine covers etc.
- Maintaining an up to date Imports schedule
- Liaise with warehouse to share relevant documentation required for the GRN process
- Provide reports on aged stock, consignment stock with relevant analysis on the same for manager to review
- Assist in compiling information/quotes for potential projects
- To perform any other duties assigned
- Work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing/Imports Officer or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Good understanding of the imports process
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of market research
- BSc in Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Desire to grow, take on new responsibilities
- This position handles and maintains proprietary highly confidential employee, financial and company information.
- The utmost care must be taken to assure confidential information and documents are always secure.
- A person with a high level of integrity and honest – this will not be compromised at all.
- Have worked in the retail industry will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are advised to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting “PURCHASING ASSISTANT” in the email subject line.
Applications closes on 31st December 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.