Scope of Work
Scope of Project: Records Management & Storage Services
Organization: Mercy Corps
1. Background Information
Mercy Corps (MC) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action, helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and in the future.
2. Purpose of Engagement
The objective of this request is to identify a service provider to whom the organization can outsource its Record Management and Archiving Services and storage of organization assets/inventory.
Deliverable of the provider:-
• To identify permanent records and rehouse them into proper archival storage.
• To identify and rehouse non-permanent records that are active and not past their retention.
• Assist the organization in for disposal of records past their retention in in environmental recognized manner.
• Store asset/inventory in proper way.
• Keep record of all the files and asset/inventory as per MC procedures for ease of reference.
• Improved access, retrieval and reuse of information as and when required.
• Provide security for all the items in their custody.
3. Cost Proposal Considerations and Terms of Payment
The breakdown of cost of below components in Kenya shillings inclusive:-
- Purchase of Standard Carton Box.
- Retention charge (per box) per month.
- File indexing fees
- Box Indexing fees.
- File Entry fee.
- Document destruction fees.
- Scan-on-Demand fees.
- Retrieval fees per carton/file.
- Photocopy fees.(Colored and black and white)
- Refiling costs (if any).
- Permanent Retrieval fees (if any).
- Delivery costs framework.
- Storage cost per cubic meter for assets/inventory
- Destruction costs.
- Minimum charges per quarter
4. Supplier Eligibility
Suppliers may not apply, and will be rejected as ineligible, if they;
- Are not registered companies
- Are bankrupt or in the process of going bankrupt
- Have been convicted of illegal/corrupt activities, and/or unprofessional conduct
- Have been guilty of grave professional misconduct
5. Technical Consideration
- Records Management &Archiving Experience and Storage managements.
- Past Experience with Document Management Experience in Records Management Policy Formulation and Implementation.
- Service Capability.
- Resources and Installed Infrastructure.
- Use of Technology and Enablement.
- Records Management System.
- Security (Premises & Electronic).
- Insurance cover – Employer’s liability; Public liability; Professional indemnity, WIBA.
- Employee integrity; Code of conduct/ethics;
- Health and Safety, Including fire safety.
- Waste Management-Green management.
- Environmental Policy.
- Organization capacity. Organization Structure.
- 3 pages detailed Methodology in handling records and assets.
Any other information / documents which may be considered necessary
6. Required documentation
To apply provide a brief proposal containing the following:
- Company profile: Summary of the firm detailing service listed in no. 5 (Technical Consideration) and no.7. ( Selection Criteria)
- Registration documents (certificate of registration) and income tax compliance certificates
7. Selection Criteria
8. Submission deadline
Proposals must be submitted by Friday, 13th December, 2019 at 5:00 pm Nairobi time to email@example.com
Mercy Corps reserves the right to not accept any offers submitted after the delivery due date.
Submit any questions for clarifications to firstname.lastname@example.org