Resolution Insurance was incorporated in 2002 making it the first company to be registered as a medical Insurance Provider.
The corporation transitioned from Resolution Health to Resolution Insurance in as mandated by the Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) to become a fully-fledged general insurance provider.
Resolution Insurance has contributed significantly to the growth and development of the insurance industry in Kenya and the East African region for the last 15 years through innovative solutions that
are centered around offering MORE value to customers.
We give assurance and comfort through an enhanced brand experience with quality service that is dependable, reliable and transparent.
Today, Resolution Insurance offers a number of products namely Medical Plans, Travel Plans, Liability Plans, Property Covers, Motor Covers and all other classes of General Insurance in the markets where we operate.
In pursuit of our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for an energetic, performance driven and confident individual to fill the position below:
Claims Legal Officer
Reporting to the GB Claims Manager and dotted line to the Legal Manager, the Claims Legal Officer will be responsible for the processing third party claims as well as pursuing maximum motor and non-motor recoveries from third party insurers and other third parties within the limitation period with a special emphasis on mitigating claims costs.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Maintain and update proper records of the company’s recoveries and expected recoveries from other Insurance Companies.
2. Ensure that initial demand has been sent out on all recovery matters.
3. Quantify and document the company’s recovery claims to the third parties within reasonable time.
4. Promptly deal with third party claims that fall under Knock for Knock for purposes of cost cutting on claims.
5. Appoint tracers to investigate legal/beneficial ownership of third party vehicles, economic status and physical addresses for purposes of pursuing recovery through court.
6. Liaise with Legal section on recoveries that are to be filed in court.
7. Meet the set recovery target each month and deal with general correspondence on recovery matters.
8. Attend court to produce claim documents when required and pursue witness statements from insureds.
9. Providing reports on recoveries to the Claims Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelors of Law Degree from a recognized university.
Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
Current practicing certificate.
Good legal writing skills.
At least 2 years’ experience in working in an insurance company.
Desired Skills and Qualities
Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Good time management and organizational skills
Good negotiation skills
Advanced knowledge in data analytics, MS-Excel
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly visit our careers page on http:www.resolution.co.ke by Close of Business on Monday, 16th December 2019.
Applications should be made strictly through the careers portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.