Resolution Insurance was incorporated in 2002 making it the first company to be registered as a medical Insurance Provider.
The corporation transitioned from Resolution Health to Resolution Insurance in as mandated by the Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) to become a fully-fledged general insurance provider.
Resolution Insurance has contributed significantly to the growth and development of the insurance industry in Kenya and the East African region for the last 15 years through innovative solutions that are centered around offering MORE value to customers. We give assurance and comfort through an enhanced brand experience with quality service that is dependable, reliable and transparent.
Today, Resolution Insurance offers a number of products namely Medical Plans, Travel Plans, Liability Plans, Property Covers, Motor Covers and all other classes of General Insurance in the markets where we operate.
In pursuit of our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for an energetic, performance driven and confident individual to fill the position below:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Legal Manager will be responsible for effective and efficient management of the Legal unit.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Legal risk
- Support the organization in managing legal risk by proactively researching & responding to various issues affecting the business.
- Provide weekly updates on any Bills, Acts of Parliament or case law that will affect the organization’s operations in any way (directly or indirectly).
2. Policy development
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies, procedures and other documents and ensure that they are compliant with all statutory or legal requirements.
3. Litigation management
- Manage litigious cases to ensure that all matters are handled efficiently and cost effectively
4. Contract negotiation
- Ensure that all contracts that the organization is entering into are negotiated within time and all the concluded contract are entered into the organization contract register.
5. Claims Management
- Legal oversight on all claims management matters including processes, systems, investigations, negotiations and court matters
Qualifications and Experience:
- LLB Degree from a recognized University.
- Advocate of the High court.
- Active member of LSK.
- At least 5 to 7 years’ experience spread between corporate & court room experience.
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Knowledge in insurance products and services.
- Knowledge of claims management/handling.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- A team player with initiative.
- Good coordination skills to handle the various tasks assigned.
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly visit our careers page on http:www.resolution.co.ke by Close of Business on Monday, 16th December 2019.
Applications should be made strictly through the careers portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.