Schneider Electric East Africa
Job Vacancy: Technical Team Leader (Data Centre, UPS & Cooling)
Schneider Electric East Africa is looking for a highly motivated technical professional with rich experience to join our Secure Power & Cooling Services Business as the Technical Leader for Nairobi location.
This position will report to the Field Services Operation Manager.
This position requires to be a people manager along the business and set up a strong team for the business.
The candidate must be comfortable in Services Business related to Secure Power equipment (UPS) and Cooling (PAC) like Modernization / Up-Gradation / Recurring Services / Spare parts and various Digital services within various market segments.
Range of Services include:
- Power equipment as uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), Automatic voltage regulators, Transient voltage surge suppressors, rectifiers, inverter/chargers and related electrical cabling and switchgear
- Precision cooling- in rack, in room and in row and cold/hot aisle containment.
- Racks, power distribution units
- Data Centre infrastructure Management and remote monitoring services
- Coordinating and managing the Technical department which includes workshop repairs, site surveys, installations and commissioning of server rooms and data centers, site repairs and preventive maintenance services.
- Preparation of section budgets, tools and equipment management, spares sourcing and stores quantity levels tracking for restocking.
- Scheduling and supervision of services in power protection, cooling and data center/ server rooms including site surveys, Installation and commissioning, repairs and preventive maintenance services to a wide range of clients in different sectors.
- Training and appraisal of staff, planning and coordinating for specific product training at the manufacturer centers for extensive knowledge acquisition and licensing.
- Investigate remotely the origin of the breakdown and submit fixes (in a service bureau for example)
- Provide team leadership for team of Field service engineers
- Plan training for field service representatives and ensure completion of assigned internal trainings.
- Do continuous performance reviews with team and annual performance review submissions.
- Provide technical and career mentorship to team reporting to you.
- Represent the services department in meetings and cross functional initiatives as a delegate or deputy of field services operations manager
- Approve timesheets, absence, and requests of N-1 reports in consultation with Fields services operations manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Diploma in Engineering or related fields
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in Technical Services lead role with experience in data center infrastructure services, UPS, Cooling
- Relevant experience with critical systems infrastructure equipment is a Must have (i.e. electrical switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers,
- Knowledge of Secure Power (data centre, UPS & Cooling) and associated technical information related to Industry Business products and solutions.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Verifiable hands-on technical work experience required
- High level of technical knowledge of electronic/electrical component theory. Knowledge of HVAC systems and applicable application software knowledge is preferred.
How to Apply:
Email your CV to email@example.com