Vacant Position: School Counsellors
Location: Kakuma Refugee Camp & Kalobeyei Settlement
Contract Term: Full-time, 1-year contract with possibility for extension
Background: Windle International Kenya (WIK) is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that a good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced. We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Kakuma Refugee Camp and Kalobeyei Settlement on education projects.
Windle International Kenya is seeking for suitable candidates to fill the position of School Counsellors.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The individual recruited for this position will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Coordinate the guidance and counselling support services in schools by pooling the services of teachers, parents and the school administration
- Support in transition of girls from one grade to the next by promoting student success, attendance and retention in school
- Provide preventive services to the students in the schools
- Respond to identified needs by implementing a comprehensive school counselling program
- Document all cases addressed and refer them for further action where required
- A degree in psychology or education with options in counselling
- 3 years’ experience with a demonstrated role in guidance and counselling
- Proven knowledge of counselling
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your application through our recruitment portal http://uat.erecruitmentwik.org/
Deadline for applications is Friday 13th December 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Windle International – Kenya selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation.
We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.