General Insurance Company (Nairobi)
Job Vacancy: System Administrator & Project Coordinator – General Insurance Business
Primary Responsibility: Responsible for supporting and maintaining Company information systems, coordination of key business projects.
- Manage infrastructure, among them firewalls, databases and protection software.
- Manage the configuration and operation of computer and server operating systems
- Monitor the system and respond to security and usability concerns
- Install and test computer-related and server-related equipment
- Prepare technical documentation of all implemented projects/systems
- Implement regular housekeeping procedures, including data backup, distribution and retention of data on various storage devices
- Participate in project management through project definition, planning, approval implementation, monitoring and review
- Participate in the Disaster Recovery (DR) activation of infrastructure and applications to carry out DR drills as per laid down procedures,
- Assess availability, performance and capacity of services and resources to ensure cost-justifiable capacity and performance are available to support business needs
- University Degree in Computer Science or IT.
- Five (5) years’ working experience in a busy ICT environment preferably in Financial Service Sector
- Working knowledge in Linux and Windows Server administration, Microsoft Hyper-V Clustering & replication, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS & AD.
- Experience in Networking (WAN/LAN/vLANs), Storage Systems (iSCSI/FC)
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and CV indicating current and expected remuneration package to firstname.lastname@example.org; by 15/12/2019.