Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: IT Helpdesk Assistant
Department: I.T. Department
Location: Gateway Park
Employment Status / Type: Full Time
Position Reporting to: IT Manager
Manages Others: No
Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to IT Manager, the IT Help Desk Assistant will assist in the management of all day-to-day IT issues including LAN related activities, office automation issues and Business application support for the Wananchi Group Staff.
- Timely Resolution of Service Desk Requests
- User end LAN support and troubleshooting
- Office application installation & support
- Hardware preventative maintenance and repairs
- System User management
- Process documentation
- System Upgrades
- The ideal candidate will have excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- The ability to communicate effectively and handle telephone calls proficiently is essential, just as administrative role experience.
- Able to deal confidently with a wide range of people in difficult circumstances.
- Ability to diagnose & solve problems in an efficient manner.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of effective communication with customers via a range of different channels.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess a confident & professional manner with strong interpersonal skills.
- Confidence to engage with staff on all levels, self-motivated & capable of working on own initiative as well as part of a small team.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Platforms.
- Good working knowledge of browser technologies
Academic & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field from a recognized university.
- 1-year relevant experience
- Ability to work under high pressure environment
- Be honest, flexible, committed and fast learner
- Integrity and personal organization planning skills
Key Performance Indicators
- Response time to helpdesk tickets
- Ticket closure
- Submission of daily/weekly/monthly reports
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their applications including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 27th December, 2019
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.