Wildlife Works is the world’s leading REDD+ (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation), project development and management company with an effective approach to applying innovative market based solutions to the conservation of biodiversity.
REDD+ was originated by the United Nations (UN) to help stop the destruction of the world’s forests.
Over a 15 year history Wildlife Works established a successful model that uses the emerging marketplace for REDD+ Carbon Offsets to protect threatened forests, wildlife and communities.
The company helps local landowners in the developing world monetize their forest and biodiversity assets whether they are governments, communities, ownership groups, or private individuals.
We seek to recruit competent individual to fill the following position, located in Voi, Kenya.
Human Resource Assistant – Voi
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the Human Resource Assistant will be helping Human Resource manager to accomplish Human Resource Management related tasks ranging from recruitment, training, employee relations, and performance management among others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place.
- Monitor daily attendance, investigate and understand causes for staff absences.
- Assist in coordinating staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
- Schedule and organize interviews and Participate in applicant interviews.
- Assist in conducting reference checks on possible candidates
- Ensure proper maintenance and update of employee records and ensure safe custody of the same.
- Ensure accurate processing of annual leave, sick leave and maternity/paternity leave and ensure the leave progression card is updated as soon as the leave form is assigned.
- Preparing of HR Daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- To issue and inspect employee sick sheets.
- To perform general HR clerical work.
- Responsible for all HR correspondences.
- To ensure that all open job positions are on prominent displays throughout the company.
- Assisting in coordinating staff training and orienting new staff members
- To verify medical reimbursements and raising petty cash vouchers with the finance to facilitate reimbursements and other payments due to employees as per the approved procedures.
- Assist in listening to grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Provide assistance to HODs when conducting staff performance appraisals.
- Promote workplace safety.
- Interpret policy and labour law swiftly and accurately in a manner that results in sound recommendations.
- Manage employee separation including exit processing, and exit interviews.
The ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:-
- A minimum of a Diploma in HRM.
- Member of IHRM.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience handling Human resource.
- Understanding of human resource reporting and record keeping requirements.
- Well organized, accurate and attentive to detail.
- Analytical with a hands on approach to tasks;
- Excellent communications and public relations abilities.
- Strong computer application skills.
- Ability to assist and support others.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet these qualifications are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday, 6th January, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
N/B: Indicate current and expected salary on your CV and how soon you would be available.
Applications that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
Wildlife Works is an equal Opportunities Employer