An Exciting Opportunity: Compliance Officer
Zetech University is a premier university offering exceptional learning to thousands of students from Kenya and beyond.
The University is ISO 9001:2015 certified and offers programmes in Information Technology, Business, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Hospitality and Tourism, Development studies, Communication and Media Studies.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education by promoting excellence in research, integrating innovation and technology in learning with the aim of developing well rounded citizens to impact the social, political and economic world.
In line with our commitment to bring on board talented and motivated team members, we are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of a Compliance Officer.
The ideal candidate is a character that can inspire others to achieve higher quality standards.
S/he must be enthusiastic and passionate about optimizing quality and is deeply committed to leading change that comes with continual improvement.
The person will handle roles related to Legal Administration, Quality Management System (QMS) and Strategic Plan Monitoring.
Duties & Responsibilities;
The position-holder’s responsibilities, among others, will include the following:
- To prepare seal agreements, leases, legal forms, contracts, MoUs, policies and other official documents on the University’s behalf, when authorized by the board of directors/trustees or the executive responsible;
- Filling of various documents/returns as required as per the legal provisions;
- To ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements;
- To conduct legal research and advise management, the University Council and the Board of Trustees/Directors accordingly;
- To engage legal advisors for litigation purposes and prepare briefs and witnesses for pre-trial and hearing as well as preparation of updates to the management;
- Monitoring the QMS identifying gaps and ensuring correction and corrective actions are implemented;
- Planning and scheduling the annual QMS activities including internal audits, Management Review Meetings, Internal auditors pre and post audit meetings;
- Creating awareness amongst users on the ISO 9001:2015 requirements through planned and ad-hoc awareness sessions;
- Responsible for monitoring the implementation of the University’s Strategic Plan and proposing reviews as may be suitable through the strategic plan monitoring committee;
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor Degree in Law from a recognized university;
- Diploma in law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Has an interest in Quality Assurance Management
- Must be registered or is registrable with the Law Society of Kenya;
- Candidates holding or pursuing CPS qualifications will have an added advantage
- Excellent analytical, research, writing, problem-solving and interpersonal skills;
- Must have at least 2 years in general legal practice or other relevant experience;
How to Apply
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address -email@example.com quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/89 in the subject indicating the current and expected salary not later than 6th January 2020.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note: Zetech University does not require applicants to pay any money at any stage during the recruitment process
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER